Health & Safety Advice
With over 40 years’ experience, SAFE can provide advice, guidance and support services on a wide range of health and safety topics.
Typical Health and Safety Advice services provided for members:
- Telephone and email advice on general health and safety queries and assistance with problem solving.
- A membership certificate which can be used to demonstrate to insurers, prospective clients and as evidence in PQQs that that you have a competent source of Health and Safety advice.
- Library of documents which can be accessed online including risk assessments, safe working procedures, checklists, guidance notes, toolbox talks, work at height guidance, etc. These can be downloaded and customised to suit your needs.
- Accident investigation and RIDDOR reporting advice. Should you unfortunately have an accident on site, we can advise on reporting requirements and carry out an investigation, produce a report including recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
- Quarterly newsletter with information about SAFE services and activities along with legislation updates and best practice advice.
- Information sheets with advice targeted to a particular topic. These can be displayed in the workplace as an information source to employees.
- Site inspections with a report on performance. Our iSite web application is used to manage and communicate inspection reports digitally. Members are able to easily view, filter and compare their performance on the iSite by selecting a period of time, particular site or site manager. This is an excellent tool to monitor your overall H&S performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Respiratory Protection selection advice and fit testing of the chosen masks. Where masks are selected as a control measure, they must be checked for an effective seal against the face.
SAFE can provide advice and assistance to all statutory dutyholders under CDM 2015 Regulations and can provide a suite of guidance and templates. SAFE can offer a service to draft key documents on behalf of the dutyholders, mainly the pre-construction information and construction phase plan on a project basis.
- Clients can receive advice and assistance on their legal obligations including notifying a project to the HSE, selecting designers and contractors, producing pre-construction information and monitoring the performance of designers and contractors.
- Principal Designers can receive advice and assistance on collating pre-construction information and production of documents, identifying and controlling design risks and producing the health and safety file on completion of a project.
- Principal contractors can receive advice and assistance on producing the construction phase plan, selecting and vetting sub-contractors and monitoring H&S performance during the project.
Health & Safety Training
SAFE are accredited to deliver CITB Site Safety Plus, IOSH and AoFAQ courses including:
- SMSTS – Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (and refresher)
- SSSTS – Site Supervisor’ Safety Training Scheme (and refresher)
- HSA – Health and Safety Awareness (required for green labourers CSCS card)
- IOSH Working Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- AoFAQ Emergency First Aid (1 day)
- AoFAQ First Aid at Work (3 day)
SAFE also offer a range of short courses including:
- Work at height and safety harness awareness
- Asbestos awareness (and annual refresher)
- Abrasive wheels
- Manual handling
- General construction safety awareness
Visit our training course calendar to view when we have SAFE member training courses planned.
April 25 @ 8:30 am - April 26 @ 4:30 pm
May 15 @ 8:00 am - May 17 @ 5:00 pm