- This course has passed.
General Construction Health and Safety Awareness – Elgin
April 17, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Aim of the Course
The course introduces the candidate to the many aspects of health and safety within the building and construction industry and the responsibilities of the employer and employee. The course aims to refresh the candidate’s knowledge and experience for general health and safety, demolition and environmental awareness.
The candidate will understand their legislative requirements and the hazards associated with their work activities and to introduce risk management criteria into their working environment.
|· Risk Assessment / Method Statements
· Permit to Work
· Pedestrians and Vehicles
· Hazardous Substances – Dust & Fumes
· Biological Hazards
· Work at Height / Fragile Surfaces
· Ladders, Scaffolds, Podiums & MEWPS
· Public Protection
· Signs and Signals
· Personal Protective Equipment
· Fire Safety
|· Health Issues – Noise & Vibration
· Confined Spaces
· Hot Works
· Manual Handling
· Electrical Hazards / Utility Connections
· Safe use of Plant, Tools & Equipment
· Overhead / Underground Services
· Structural Collapse / Propping
· Accident Reporting
· First Aid
· Environmental / Waste Segregation
This is an in-house course which cannot be used to gain a competence card i.e. cscs.
At the end of the course the candidate will be expected to complete a short test and a certificate will be issued on completion to each candidate.
Download booking form → E1704AM Booking Form