First Aid at Work (3 day) – Elgin
May 15 @ 8:00 am - May 17 @ 5:00 pm
This Regulated Qualification is ideal for anyone wishing to become a first aider. It covers a wider range of subjects than that covered by the Emergency First Aid at Work qualification. It provides learners with the skills and knowledge to deal with first aid situations in higher risk workplaces or workplaces with an increased number of employees.
The qualification is for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981, however is also highly relevant for a wide range of first aid situations.
Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider. Be able to –
- assess an incident
- manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- manage a casualty with external bleeding
- manage a casualty who is in shock
- manage a casualty with a minor in jury
- carry out a secondary survey
- administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- administer First Aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
- administer First Aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries
- administer First Aid to a casualty with burns and scalds
- administer First Aid to a casualty with an eye injury
- administer First Aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
- administer First Aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis
- provide First Aid to a casualty with suspected major illness
Learners will also be taught how to use a defibrillator/AED successfully and get the opportunity to practice abdominal thrusts with a choking vest.
- The practical Learning Outcomes are assessed by observation.
- Multi Choice Questions (MCQ) for theory and underpinning knowledge.
To be awarded this qualification the Learner must achieve a 100% pass of the assessments carried out by observation together with a percentage pass in the Multiple Choice Question paper.
Successful learners will receive a certificate that outlines that the qualification meets the requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) recommend attendance at annual refresher training comprising of a three-hour update.
Download booking form → 18FAW001 Booking Form