- This course has passed.
Emergency First Aid at Work (1-day) – Fochabers
March 20 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
This Regulated Qualification is ideal for anyone wishing to become an emergency first aider. It provides learners with skills and knowledge to deal with first aid situations in low risk workplace environments or workplaces with a low number of employees.
(The Level 3 First Aid at Work 3-day is for higher risk or larger number of employees)
The qualification is for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981, however is also highly relevant for a wide range of first aid situations.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Be able to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock
- Be able to manage a casualty with a minor in jury
Learners will also be taught how to use a defibrillator/AED successfully and get the opportunity to practice abdominal thrusts with a choking vest.
- The practical Learning Outcomes are assessed by observation.
- Multi Choice Questions (MCQ) for theory and underpinning knowledge.
To be awarded this qualification the Learner must achieve a 100% pass of the assessments carried out by observation together with a percentage pass in the Multiple Choice Question paper.
Successful learners will receive a certificate that outlines that the qualification meets the requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) recommend attendance at annual refresher training comprising of a three-hour update.
Download booking form → FA19-002 1 Day