Construction Manual Handling – Inverurie (tbc)
May 25 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Aim of the Course
The course is intended to provide the candidate with the legislative requirements governing manual handling and both theirs and the employer’s requirements to comply with the law. The course will also outline the risks associated and ill health if controls are not implemented into the work activity.
The candidate will understand the risks of improper lifting techniques and inappropriate use of work equipment which can result in ill health to individuals. The course will provide measures that each candidate can implement into their activities on site to minimise the risk of ill health and injury.
- Understand the general hierarchy of control.
- Understand the anatomy of lifting and carrying.
- Recognise individual capabilities, when to seek further advice and state where sources of further information can be found.
- Importance of preparation & planning before undertaking manual handling operation.
- The controls that might be applied to reduce the risk of harm from a number of different manual handling activities.
- Use of mechanical aides.
- The controls that might be applied to reduce the risk of harm from team handling.
At the end of the course the candidate will be expected to complete a short test and a certificate will be issued on completion to each candidate.
Download booking form → Manual Handling 25-5-22