- This course has passed.
Construction Fire Awareness & Fire Warden – Elgin
April 17 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Aim of the Course
The course introduces the candidate who has a responsibility for fire safety within their company. The course will cover the Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006 and associated legislation.
The candidate will be able to implement a procedure for fire prevention within the company’s premises and to ensure that adequate emergency arrangements are carried out.
- Legislative requirements and enforcement for Fire in the workplace
- Fire Hazards and Risk Assessment
- Principles of Fire
- Classification of Fire
- Sources of Ignition
- Duties of a Fire Warden
- Implementation of Fire Plans and Procedures
- Fire Prevention
- Selection of Fire Extinguishers
- Types of smoke/fire alarms and detection
- Permit to Work systems
- Flammable atmospheres
- Use of Storage of Gas Cylinders
At the end of the course the candidate will be expected to complete a short test and a certificate will be issued on completion to each candidate.
Download booking form → E1704PM Booking Form